Top 10 Legal Mistakes Home Sellers Make
Thinking of selling? Here are the top 10 legal mistakes home sellers make:
- Accepting the buyer with the highest offer without regard to the other contractual terms.
- Not properly handling multiple offer situations with multiple buyers.
- Not properly handling back-up offers.
- Entering into an agreement with no earnest money deposit from the buyer, or a very small amount.
- Entering into an agreement before verifying the buyer’s financial ability to close escrow.
- Not disclosing known material facts affecting the value or desirability of the property.
- Not providing the buyer with legally required disclosures.
- Not obtaining the buyer’s written acknowledgment of disclosures.
- Not considering whether to require the buyer to remove contingencies.
- Not excluding items from the sale that the seller wants to keep.
Get in touch with me with any of your seller questions. I specialize in exclusive seller representation and would be happy to assist you with any of your needs.
Make sure to follow our Blog and like us on Facebook for continued updates, market news, and information about our new listings and sold properties. Connect with me on LinkedIn. I am always available to discuss your real estate needs! Feel free to contact me at any time via email@example.com or 626.796.4100.